Typing and Data Entry Tests
- Do not watch the clock. Continue working until the test actually tells you to stop regardless of what the clock reads. Most timed tests allow you to finish what you are typing (i.e. the word or the sentence) when the time runs out.
- You must continue typing through the end of the timer (after the timer hits 0) in order to obtain the most accurate scores, and in order for the test to complete properly. If the test appears to 'hang' after the timer displays 0, please finish the word you are typing and hit the spacebar. This should complete the test.
- If the test appears to “hang” after the time has expired and have tried hitting the spacebar after completing your last word, make sure that you have updated the Flash and Java on your computer. You can also switch to another browser, disable the pop-ups and take the test again.
Other timed tests
- You may or may not see the timer actually moving while a question is displayed. At a minimum, you should see the timer update as you move from question to question. Proceed through the test as normal even if the timer appears to not be updating correctly.
- Some timed tests, particularly behavioral and cognitive tests, by design offer more questions than you might complete. The object is to complete as many as possible within a stated time limit. Please be sure to read the tutorial carefully, where this is explained.
Please Note: If your test session is interrupted during a timed test, you may be prompted to begin the test from the beginning again. This is normal as these tests must be completed in one session in order to generate a valid score.