The basic search is found from the ‘People’ menu, under the menu item ‘People Search’. Basic search provides a What-Where approach, whereby the results returned are those that match both terms.
Basic Search: "Where?" Search
Use this to search for jobseekers by country, state, county, city, and zip code. This field filters any search results to only those that have a location matching the Where field.
The following rules apply:
- When a location is selected that is a country or a state, an exact match on that name is performed to find all profiles in that country or state.
- When a more precise location is searched at the county, zip code, or city level, the Where searches all profiles within a 50 mile radius of the selected location (using lat:long data).
- Users must select a location returned from the drop down list, otherwise the search results will not be filtered by any location.
Basic Search: "What?" Search
Use this when searching for ‘keyword’ matches across all other profile fields, such as job titles, companies, or skills. The "What?" search matches profiles across a large number of fields:
- Employment Records: Job Title
- Employment Records: Employer
- Social network profile (e.g.LinkedIn profile)
- Recruiter uploaded documents
- Candidate uploaded documents