Most countries have Anti-SPAM laws around opting out of commercial and bulk email messages. To meet these requirements, Symphony Talent has provided a configurable way to customize Lead Capture Pages so Job Seekers can opt in or out of emails from your organization. Opting out of receiving emails will set the Job Seeker's No Contact status on in the CRM (Waggle). No emails will be sent to the user, and the Job Seeker will not be found in the CRM basic search.
To help meet country specific laws, Symphony Talent uses GeoLocation in the Lead Capture Pages to identify where a Job Seeker is located and presents opt-in options based on their country’s legal requirements configured by your organization.
- CAN-SPAM Act (US)
- CASL - Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (Canada)
- New Zealand Spam Law (NZ)
- Spam Act 2003 (Australia)
HIDE, SHOW, or SHOW BY COUNTRY - Opt-in/Out on a Lead Capture page
- Hide All Job Seekers visiting your Lead Capture Pages will have their No Contact status set Off and will receive all emails from your organization.
- Show all Job Seekers will be given the option to Opt in to receive emails. We opt in all job seekers by default, and they are required to opt out by unchecking the opt-in statement.
- Show by Country if the Job Seeker is located in a country that is selected in the Admin page, then the Opt-in/Out options will be presented to the Job Seeker. The Administrator decides whether the check box is checked (opt-in) by default for each country.
- Default Receive System/Job Emails: Send me important system/job communication
- Default Buzz/Bulk Emails: Send me other career opportunities
Opt in/out on Lead Capture form
When Opt in is enabled on the Lead Capture Pages two new fields will appear.
- System/Job Communication
- Buzz/Bulk Email Communication
The System/Job Communication checkbox is always checked and cannot be unchecked. This field informs the Job Seeker that they will receive some level of system generated emails by signing up.
No Contact Status
The Buzz/Bulk Email Communication checkbox controls the No Contact status in the CRM for the organization linked to the Lead Capture Page. If unchecked, the Job Seeker's No Contact status will be updated to TRUE and the Job Seeker will now have the No Contact flag added to their profile card and they cannot be sent any emails via the CRM. The Job Seeker also cannot be found using the Basic Search option in the CRM (Advanced and Quick Search Only).
Update the No Contact Status
There are two ways that the Job Seeker can update their status with an organization:
- Return to an organization Lead Capture Page which has Opt in enabled and check/uncheck the checkbox.
- Request that the organization change the Opt-in status of the Job Seeker. A recruiter can update this manually in the CRM (Waggle)
Returning to Lead Capture page
The Lead Capture page will retrieve the current setting for the Job Seeker every time they return to the profile page. If the Job Seeker checks the Buzz/Bulk email communication checkbox the first time they visit, on returning the second time the checkbox will be checked when they view their profile. It can now be unchecked if the job seeker no longer wishes to receive any emails.