The cornerstone of a successful program is planning. It doesn’t take a lot of time, but does require some focused thinking. We will work with you to outline a plan to maximize the success of QUEsocial for your team, and provide you with everything you need for launch and ongoing activity.
PREPARATION MEETING WITH KEY STAKEHOLDERS
We recommend a one-hour preparation session that will set the stage for implementation. Yes, this is a meeting to plan a meeting. But it will streamline the entire planning process and speed things along. This session should:
- Outline the implementation and launch process (the details of this follow in the next section)
- Detail the goals of the upcoming Discovery Session
- Discuss roles, responsibilities
- Executive sponsor
- Content manager
- Daily administrator /community manager
- Employee segments
- Provide an overview of the deliverables timeline
- Serve as an opportunity to schedule the Discovery Session, where most of the ‘work’ gets done
The Discovery Session is an efficient way to ensure everyone understands the “big picture” objective of the program and to ensure alignment around content, rewards, and community management strategy.
Who Should Attend?
Key customer stakeholders and the QUEsocial account manager, or QUEsocial partner lead, should attend Discovery Session.
We recommend a two-hour session that covers the following agenda:
- Define success
- Content strategy
- Content plan
- Rewards framework
- Outline goals and objectives for the QUEsocial program – what does success look like?
- Define short-term and long-term milestones
- Develop plan to track and measure performance and progress against objectives and milestones
The following worksheet is designed to help you begin thinking about the types of content that will be most useful for your team to share with their social networks. You may decide to curate and load your own content into the platform, and Symphony Talent can provide content support.
Once the content strategy has been established, the next step is to create the game plan for sourcing, loading and refreshing.
Content Strategy Worksheet Checklist
Symphony Talent and QUEsocial offers two months of content services free-of-charge during the launch period of the program. Content Services can include everything from curating content to managing the administrator site for content scheduling. Content Services can also be divided into curation only or management only – just let Symphony Talent know the level of support you need.
During the launch period, there are a few things that we recommend managing on your behalf:
- Content Curation: curating a mix of third-party content, employer branded content, and employer news
- Content Calendar Management: creating a bi-weekly content calendar showing to-be-scheduled posts, managing review & approval process, and scheduling content on the QUEsocial admin page
- In addition, scheduling timely content on an ad hoc basis
- Content Analytics: reporting on content metrics via the overall analytics report
QUEsocial Content Process
After content strategy is defined (segmentation, content topics, content mix by week, review and approval process of content calendar, roles & responsibilities, and content quantity), QUEsocial recommends:
- Creating bi-weekly content calendar with following information:
- Content piece Segment (to let admin know which segments should receive the content piece)
- Content piece URL (to be included in Shared Link field, Articles Tab)
- Content piece Post Title (post that will be pushed to users, and then will be shared by them to their networks – with edits if they please)
- Content piece Date (and time if needed – this is selected when scheduling content to be pushed)
- Note about image to be pushed, yes/no (if yes, attach and match image name, and include image name next to content title in calendar)
- Once created, Content Calendar would be delivered to client for review on Wednesdays (every other week), and approval by the Friday following
- Note that content would be scheduled for the two weeks following approval on a Friday
- On occasion, timely news articles about the company may be released after content has already been scheduled. In these cases, the admin (QUEsocial or client) is able to push the content immediately on an ad hoc basis
- Launch/Training: prior to launch/training, content (about five pieces) should be scheduled in the platform so that users can test sharing during their user training
- A minimum of 10 pieces of content should be in the platform at launch time to ensure there is something for everyone on day-one
- New content should be pushed 2-3 times per day for each segment
- Timely content should be cleared out of the platform after a couple of weeks; ‘evergreen’ content can remain in the content library
- The default for content added by an admin is set to “Push”; you can override this when adding content to so that users have additional new content in the platform when they log in
Content Strategy Considerations
What are your objectives?
- What do you hope to achieve with the content you push to your users?
- What is the key takeaway of having employee ambassadors share your story?
- Building your Employer Brand?
- Informing the public about the company?
- Making your employees experts in their fields?
- Sharing employee stories?
- Sharing company news?
- Recruiting the best and right talent?
- Driving more followers to your Career social media channels?
- Driving more people to join your talent communities?
- Driving more people to apply for your job openings?
Discuss Segmentation briefly during working session. QUEsocial next step is to review strategy discussed, analyze, and provide a recommendation about segments in a follow-up call.
Do you have segments/categories/departments in mind?
Based on your user group, segmentation could be a helpful feature to use. Segments can be used to divide users by department such as Marketing, Finance, SE, etc. Content could then be sent to all users in all segments, or it can be targeted to each segment (each segment then having different topics). Segments can also align with content categories, with all users in all segments. Note that segmentation affects reporting, specifically as it relates to content effectiveness.
In light of segments, did you hope to use QUEsocial for sharing content on your career social media channels?
- Discuss implications on reporting: segments, clicks (all-inclusive)
- Discuss how images are embedded into links, how posts share through QUE and limitations on characters at the moment
- Discuss admins points/reporting, content sharing, etc.
What is your Company Culture?
- Does your company offer great benefits?
- Does your company offer or have a specific work/life balance plan?
- Do employees have a clear development path provide by the company?
- Do employees have access to fun/cool perks?
- What makes you a different/best place to work?
Do you currently have access to your company’s social media calendar?
- Do you have an employer branding social media calendar?
- Consider merging current client social media calendar with QUEsocial calendar?
- Do you have a Corporate Communications colleague to partner with on content sources?
- Corporate Comms could be a great resource for content pieces related to the company; therefore, partnering with them could help with content strategy
What content sources, topics and categories, do you wish to include?
- Do you have sources such as marketing/comms department content?
- Do you have access to company-wide sources such as newsletters, media releases, marketing campaigns, etc.?
- Industry and media articles, third-party generated content and marketing/thought leadership content
- Print, video and infographics/images are all acceptable forms of content for the platform
- What content topics and/or categories do you wish to push to your users?
- What about your company is the most important piece to share?
- Are there holidays that you company celebrates via social media?
- Do you have employee stories, employer branding content?
- Do you have hashtags or tags that should be included in content?
- Are there Thought Leaders/pieces in your company that can be included?
- Has your company won awards in categories that the public might not know about, but should know about?
Discussion of Evergreen Content vs. Timely Content
- Content such as articles or posts about the employer’s philanthropy, innovation, and awards, can be recycled every few months. These pieces of content are key as they demonstrate great things that the company is accomplishing.
- Content that is timely such as the launch of a new product, an event happening in the future or currently, or other timely conversation, i.e. blue/gold dress, is the type of content that should be scheduled accordingly (in a timely manner)
Who are your competitors?
- Are there articles you would consider including in the strategy even if competitors are mentioned?
- Are there competitor or competitor partners to exclude from sources?
What type of content is not allowed?
- Are there certain topics to ALWAYS stay away from?
- Are there hashtags or tags to not include?
- Are there sources that are not allowed?
Who is your Target Audience?
- Who are you trying to reach?
- Who is already in your users’ social networks (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)?
- What characteristics does your Target Audience have? (age, tastes, titles, etc.)
- What positions are you trying to fill? Who are you trying to recruit?
- Where is your target audience most active?
What social networks will you be encouraging your users to connect to QUEsocial?
- If all three are connected, users have the ability to edit post content to match network restrictions (hashtags, tags, etc.) (QUEsocial to include mention of this in training)
- If one or two are connected, adjust post content to social network
Do you have stock images that are pre-approved to be used with content?
Content/URLs placed in a social network will automatically pull an image from said URL. On some occasions, images are distorted or inappropriate, images don’t pre-populate, or other issues arise. To prevent image issues, QUEsocial allows you to push an image of your choice with a URL (see guide for image sizing)
If using this feature, do you have pre-approved stock images (property for your company) that can be pushed along with select content (reviewed and approved by you)?