The May 2021 release provides new sets of features in the SmashFlyX CRM including,
- Contact Timeline
- Usage Statistics Report
- Browser Plug-in for Sourcing
Recruiters can now see a contact(s) entire history of relevant recruitment marketing behavioral "touchpoints" from when the contact first joined the talent community.
These "touchpoints", pertain to all of a contact's relevant interactions concerning recruitment marketing efforts (e.g. actively looking for jobs, submitting a job application etc.), lined up and displayed in chronological order in the timeline showing the most recent touchpoint first by default.
Each touchpoint on the timeline will show three corresponding data points - the name of the tactic, name of the job (in bold) and the name of the campaign. Selecting a touchpoint, will surface a list of up to 12 metrics i.e. date, was it an impression or click, location, job number etc.
In addition to being able to scroll back to the beginning of the timeline when the contact first joined the talent community, the timeline can be filtered by four types of engagement activity,
- Campaigns: Refers to email campaigns, SMS campaigns, pay-per-click social sites and so on. Recruiters can view data regarding job seekers who responded to said campaigns. Campaigns are created and ran from the Campaign section of the CRM.
- Organic: Refers to anything that money is not spent on directly but generates traffic to your business naturally over time i.e. blog posts, case studies, unpaid tweets, Facebook posts, search engine result etc.
- Job Views: Refers to when a contact looked at a job on a careers website. For example, if the contact looked at a Senior Director of Sales role on a careers website last week, then metric data for viewing that job will be available on the Contact Timeline. From a recruiter's perspective, this is good intelligence. The recruiter can use this information to then follow up with the contact in regards to this particular role.
- Actions: Refers to actions enforced by contacts - Hired, Apply Start, CRM Join, Apply Complete etc.
Each filter when selected, will display a subset of metrics similar to selecting a touchpoint i.e. date, time, ISP location etc. See example for “organic” below,
Touchpoint data is aggregated to include both the Contact & Job level. This data comes from job boards, CRM emails, CRM SMS, automatic banners, video ads, Facebook ads etc. Touchpoint data is not just click based, it's also view based. For example, if a contact looked at a Glassdoor job advertisement, and didn't click on the advertisement, the data still gets pulled into the Contact Timeline.
In summary, the Contact Timeline promotes the validity behind the engagement and relevance scores for each contact in the CRM. By making the logic transparent and data available, recruiters are able to see and understand why a particular contact in the CRM has a high or low engagement/relevance score. So now instead of taking the engagement/relevance scores for face value, recruiters can dive into the available data.
This update is included in SmashFlyX for all existing customers and will be enabled by default. Please speak with your account manager to learn more.
Usage Statistics Report
The Usage Statistics report is a powerful analytics tool, that allows team leaders to analyze team and individual user performance. Clients can then use this data to see how their teams/users are performing against predefined hiring objectives/goals.
They can also distinguish how their recruiters are using SmashFlyX, including the following,
- How many of their recruiters are logging into SmashFlyX,
- What are they searching for,
- How many searches did they perform,
- How many used SmashFlyX to launch a campaign,
- How many campaigns did those particular recruiters launch,
- Did those launched campaigns generate many replies, applications, hires etc.
- If recruiters created landing pages on the platform, if so how many, and what were the corresponding statistics for those created landing pages.
- If recruiters created any folders, if they did, were the folders effective.
To obtain this data, users can choose between a variety of usage metrics and available filters. When using these filters and running a report, clients can observe what applications and hires are attributed to each team and individual recruiter.
The following filters are available:
- Date Range: Usage statistics will be filtered for the chosen date range. Returned data will include applications that were started/completed within this date range, and any resulting hires if the application was started during the specified date range. All the users are included in the report whether or not they logged in the selected date range. The logins will show as 0 for the ones that didn’t log in.
- User Name: By default, all of the users in the system will be returned, unless the client searches for a specific user.
- Role: Similar to User Name, by default, all of the user roles in the system will be returned, unless the client searches for a specific role.
- Folder: Users can filter by folder name.
- Folder Type: Users can filter by Custom or Smart or Job(Live) Folder.
- Performance Metrics (see table below)
|Metric Type||Returns the following metric data|
Landing Pages - This is the total number of landing pages created by the user in SFX.
The Usage Statistics report allows users to export metric data and they have the option to export data as it is in the data table, or export all of the available usage statistics data to an excel file or other data models.
Users have the ability to switch/convert between tabular form and a bar graph. Users can convert any metric into a bar graph by selecting the bar graph icon next to the metric name.
This update is included in SmashFlyX for all existing customers and permission is available at the user role level. Please speak with your account manager to enable and learn more.
Browser Plugin for Sourcing
SFX Sourcing Assistant, the browser plugin for sourcing feature, allows recruiters to seamlessly pull in contact data from LinkedIn and Indeed to SmashFlyX. On pulling in data from LinkedIn or Indeed, a contact profile is automatically created in SmashFlyX with pre-populated fields. This new feature makes it easy to add and update profiles to a Talent Network in a matter of minutes.
A typical use case - a recruiter is browsing their connections list on LinkedIn. The Recruiter clicks on a connection and is brought to the contact's LinkedIn page. At this point, recruiters can use the SFX Sourcing Assistant to extract the contact's data and pull the data across to SmashFlyX. The recruiter will then be able to view this profile in SmashFlyX like it was any other profile.
Recruiters can download the SFX Sourcing Assistant from the Chrome Web Store.
Once installation is complete, a pink phazer icon becomes visible in the chrome toolbar. This is how recruiters initiate the SFX Sourcing Assistant to start the data extraction.
Using Browser Plugin for Sourcing to add a LinkedIn profile to the Talent Network
1. Navigate to a connection’s profile page in LinkedIn and select the pink phazer icon in the chrome toolbar.
2. If the user is not currently logged into SFX, they will be asked to enter the CRM URL.
On clicking Submit, the user will be redirected to the CRM login page and can then log in.
If the user is already logged into the CRM, the user can skip the login step and start the data extraction process by selecting Add Profile To SFX.
3. Once logged in, the user can navigate back to LinkedIn and view their connection's profile page. Select the pink phazer again, and the user will see that they are now logged into the CRM.
4. Select Add Profile to SFX.
5. Once the profile has been added, the user will be notified that the connection has been added to the CRM
Users can see up to the last three profiles that they've extracted.
6. The user can then select Go To SFX. This will open SFX and the user can then do a search for the newly created contact profile. In the contact profile, Source will be labelled as ‘LinkedIn-Extension’ and Method as ‘Browser Extension’.
This feature is available for all SmashFlyX CRM customers. Please speak with your account manager to learn more.