What is the Approver Module
The approval process is put in place to control spending to fee-based media outside the pre-existing contracts and free sites. When a fee-based media is selected a pop-up screen will display with a delegate approver (all delegate approvers will be set up with your internal implementation team).
- The process is initiated any time there is spend greater than $0.
– Free sites are not in scope for the approval process.
- Users are set up in one of the following ways:
– No approver and have the ability to post to fee-based media without an approval
– A single delegate approver per user
– No approver but also no access to SmartPost Sourcing, only reporting and requisition management
Approval Module Process:
- User selects media that has a dollar value associated with the sourcing plan.
When the user clicks on ‘Post Job’ a pop up is displayed with the approval email address and a place to add comments (Pop-Up Blocker must be disabled on https://smartpost.m-cloud.io)
It is important for the delegate approver to be the primary person responsible for the budget, but if for some reason a delegate approver is not available, there is the opportunity to send the sourcing strategy to an alternate contact.
2. An email is sent to the primary approver (and the delegate approver if submitted) for approval.
3. Approver clicks on the email to review the sourcing plan and approve/deny the transaction.
– If the approver accepts the sourcing plan, the job will automatically be sent to ALL of the media selected on the sourcing plan. There is no additional action required for the user.
– If the approver denies the sourcing plan, the job will clear the cart of the media selected and the user will have to alter the sourcing strategy accordingly.
Items to note:
Cart - if a user selects free media or a contracts/subscription for example, AND a paid site in the same transactions, all items selected during that session will sit in a pending status in the cart until either approved or denied. If approved, both items would post. If denied, both items would clear the cart and the user would have to start over.
Pro Tip: Best practice, post any free and contract media first. Then go back and select "fee" based media as the cart stays in a pending status until approved.
Approvers: All users that should have approval routing will need to be aligned to an approver. There can be one approver for all users, or each user can have a different approver. SmartPost will need an approvers name/email assigned to every user who has access to SmartPost.
It will take several days to set up users approval routing once we get the list of users aligned to their approvers email addresses. An approver could technically be anyone within a client’s organization.
Alternate approver - the tool has an "alternate" approver line available where an end user can add an alternative email address should their designated approver be out of office or traveling etc. Although the main approver still gets a notification, it is possible an end user "could" get an approval from someone else if they used that process.
Reporting: There is no report after the fact to show who approved what fee based items. There are spend reports however that can be generated on any automated routine showing what was spent by recruiter and they can be emailed ie. daily, weekly, monthly etc.
Pop-Up Blocker – Pop-Up Blocker must be disabled on all user machines for https://smartpost.m-cloud.io, otherwise the user will not see the approval pop up and they will not be able to continue the process.