SMS Texting is a paid service that requires setup. Please talk to your Client Service Representative to move this forward. The below instructions assume that SMS Texting is enabled.
Here is an outline of functionality:
- SMS Conversations are one-on-one between SmashFlyX and the candidate. Multiple recruiters can message the same candidate in tandem. SmashFlyX treats it as one conversation since that is how it appears to the candidate as well.
- Only valid US numbers are allowed.
- SmashFlyX uses a mobile-like user interface as this is familiar to recruiters due to cell-phone experience
- SmaxhFlyX will send a recruiter an email alert to let them know a new text has arrived from a candidate.
- A candidate sees a unique long number assigned to SmashFlyX when they receive a text. This can be changed to a custom short code.
- Candidate Opt In happens when the candidate signs up to the Talent Community.
- When a profile is created, if the candidate has opted in to SMS, they receive an SMS informing them that they have subscribed. Their candidate profile will display their involvement in messaging.
US Regulations require candidates to Opt In explicitly. Once the candidate creates the profile. If they have opted in, they get a confirmation message (SMS) for it. Below is the SMS section of the profile page, a section that is part of the overall profile creation process.
For a candidate that has SMS Texting, the information will appear in their candidate card. Also, clicking on the SMS/Text icon next to their phone number will show the text conversation in a mobile-like window.
Once the texting window is open, recruiters can continue the SMS conversation with the candidate.
If a candidate opted in and then decides to opt out, instead of the SMS button, an SMS History link appears which helps recruiters see past communication. The text window will be greyed and new messages cannot be sent.
If a candidate did not opt in to SMS, that also shows in their candidate profile.
If a candidate is marked Do Not Contact,, the SMS button does not appear and a message indicating that the candidate is marked “Do Not Contact” appears. An SMS History link appears if there is any past conversation for this candidate.
Clicking on the Do Not Contact link will undo the Do Not Contact setting.